Win 2 x Mongoose Kids Bikes
How to Enter
To celebrate Langdon’s sponsorship of the 2021 Federation University Road National Championships, we are excited to give away: one prize of 2 x kids bikes valued at $900*
If you are a winner you will be able to head down to Shaw's Cycles and select form boys or girls frames and your choice of available colours.
Simply fill out this form and we watch your email and our facebook page for winners at the end of the month.
Competition has closed
Terms & Conditions – Langdon Building Pty Ltd 2021 Bicycle Prize
- These terms and conditions (Terms & Conditions) govern participation in the Langdon Building Pty Ltd 2021 Bicycle Prize competition (Competition) which is conducted by Langdon Building Pty Ltd (ABN 15 115 409 437) of 1 Napier Avenue, Alfredton, Victoria 3350 (Langdon) as a sponsor of the 2021 Federation University Road National Championships. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the Competition is open to residents of Victoria who are 18 years of age or older. Employees (and their immediate families) of Langdon, participating retailers and agencies associated with the Competition may not enter.
- To enter, eligible individuals must complete the online entry form at www.langdonbuilding.com.au/win.
- Entry to the Competition will open at 9am AEST on Friday 5 February 2021 and close at 5pm AEST on Sunday 28 February 2021. An entrant may not submit multiple Entries and any entrant who enters repeated or multiple Entries will render all such Entries invalid.
- One Entry will be selected at random as the winner of the Competition on Monday 1 March 2021 at the offices of Langdon at 1 Napier Avenue, Alfredton, Victoria 3350 at 10:00am, by a panel appointed by Langdon and at Langdon’s sole discretion (Winner). Entrants are not required to be present at the drawing of the Prize. The Competition is a competition of chance and deliberate selection plays no part in the drawing and determination of the Winner. The method of draw of the Prize constitutes a random and equal chance among entrants of being selected as the Winner. The panel’s decision is final and binding upon all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by telephone and by email and the awarding of the Prize will be announced on the Facebook, Instagram and internet pages of Langdon and to all entrants by email. The Winner consents to the name of the Winner being disclosed on the aforesaid social media and internet pages and to all entrants in accordance with this clause 8. The Winner must contact Langdon at [insert contact details] to claim the Prize and thereafter to make arrangements to select and to collect the Prize from Shaw’s Cycling Centre at 614 Skipton Street, Redan, Victoria 3350 (Shaw’s Cycling Centre).
- The Winner will win two “Mongoose” children’s bicycles to the total value of $900.00 (nine hundred dollars) to be selected by the Winner from currently available stock at Shaw’s Cycling Centre at 614 Skipton Street, Redan, Victoria 3350.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. If the Prize or any element of the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Langdon may in its absolute discretion substitute the Prize or any element of the Prize with a prize of equal value.
- The entrant who is the Winner consents to Langdon maintaining a record of the distribution of the Prize for a period of three years after its distribution to the extent required by the Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (Vic) (Act) and Gambling Regulations 2015 (Vic) (Regulations) including as required by any amendments to the Act and / or Regulations that may subsequently come into force.
- 10 If a Winner is not contactable or the Prize is not claimed by the Winner by 5pm on Thursday 4 March 2021, [RC note: Langdon to confirm claim period – maximum 28 days after the draw] the Winner forfeits the Prize immediately thereafter. Provided that Langdon has made reasonable efforts to identify and to contact the Winner prior to determining a forfeit, Langdon may then select an alternate Winner in its absolute discretion by way of conducting a second draw within seven clear days from the date that the Winner forfeited the Prize. The second draw shall be conducted in a manner equivalent to clause 7 and 8 and these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise continue in full force and effect in respect of that second draw .
- 11 If for any reason the Winner does not take the Prize at the time stipulated by Langdon the Winner will forfeit the Prize absolutely.
- 12 In order to be eligible to participate in the Competition and / or to claim the Prize, in addition to any other requirement of these Terms and Conditions, the entrants and / or the Winner respectively (as the case may be) must:(a) be over the age of 18 and be a resident of Victoria; and
(b) otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- 13 If Langdon determines that an entrant or Winner is ineligible to participate in the Competition or to claim the Prize (as the case may be) having regard to the conditions in clause 12, the entrant or the Winner will have no further right to participate in the Competition or to claim the Prize respectively.
- 14 As a condition of participating in the Competition and of accepting the Prize, the Winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by Langdon or any other third party associated with the Competition and the Prize. The Winner will immediately forfeit the Prize if the Winner does not comply with this clause 14.
- If the Competition is unable to be conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Langdon, then Langdon may disqualify any entrant and / or modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition or any element of the Competition and / or Prize without liability to the entrant.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, including but not limited to the Australian Consumer Law, entrants to the Competition (including the Winner) unconditionally and irrevocably release Langdon, its officers, employees and agents from any liability or claim which they have , or might have in the future, arising in connection with or as a result of:
(a) any variation in the Prize or any element of the Prize to that stated in these Terms and Conditions or any substitution of the Prize;
(b) use of the Prize or any part of the Prize;
(c) personal injury or death sustained from participating in any element of the Competition including but not limited to receipt of and use of the Prize;
(d) all loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition and the Winner’s receipt of or use of the Prize.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, including but not limited to the Australian Consumer Law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms and Conditions (including in connection with the Prize or any part of the Prize) is hereby excluded. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits Langdon from excluding the application of, or its liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but Langdon’s liability will be limited for a breach of the condition or warranty to one or more of the following:
(a) if the breach relates to goods (including the Prize or part of the Prize):
(i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
(ii) the repair or such goods;
(iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of
acquiring equivalent goods; or
(iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
(b) if the breach relates to services:
(i) the supplying of the services again; or
(ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Langdon does not make any warranty that the Prize or any service connected with it will be provided with due care and skill and that any materials or equipment provided in connection with the Prize will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied.
(a) makes no representation and provides no warranty that the Prize (or any part of the Prize) is suitable for the Winner’s specific circumstances or appropriate for their individual needs;
(b) does not warrant that the Prize (or any part of the Prize) will function in accordance with any claim made in any marketing materials available in relation to the Prize (including any internet site or social media);
- The disclaimers set out in clauses 21 to 23 of these Terms and Conditions do not:
(a) attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot lawfully be excluded; or
(b) affect or exclude any terms that may be contained in any express warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Prize and / or by Shaw’s Cycling Centre.
- The Prize must not be used with any accessories manufactured by or on behalf of any other person (Third Party Accessories). The use of the Prize with Third Party Accessories may void any express warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Prize and / or by Shaw’s Cycling Centre.
- The Prize is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the Prize by a person responsible for their safety. The Prize must not be used by anyone under the age of 18 without adult instruction and / or supervision. The Winner acknowledges and agrees to the inherent risk of injury, death or property damage to the Winner and to third parties in accepting the Prize.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Langdon and all entrants including the Winner submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of the State of Victoria.
- Failure by Langdon to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the Competition does not constitute a waiver of those rights.