Full Time Construction Estimating
A house is more than four walls and a backyard—it's a sanctuary. Come join our family and help our clients build their sanctuary. We believe that a new home should be shaped by lifestyle and needs—not the other way around! We believe home is shaped by stories and experiences in a house that you are proud to own.
Our brand values and customer centred approach is key to ours and your success. Values, behaviours, and ‘can-do’ attitude is very important to us. The successful applicant will receive thorough induction and training as well as ongoing support and development within a team environment. Whilst we work hard, we also ensure that we recognise our staff in various ways through shout outs, staff events, functions etc.
As an experienced Estimating Manager, you will mentor and coach our (your) Estimating Team whilst being responsible and accountable for:
- quality and accuracy of the estimating function, achieving company determined margin outcomes.
- timely performance of estimating team functions to provide a great customer experience and ensure the optimised flow of jobs to construction site starts.
- driving continuous improvement initiatives that enhance the estimating function performance.
- creating and maintaining a master Bill of Quantities for all house designs and structural options.
- aligning with all other teams within Langdon to deliver the best customer and business outcomes.
- Leading and developing a team of 2 Sales Estimators and 6 Production Estimators to deliver individual and team KPI’s.
We are seeking a professional, experienced, proactive self-starter who has a desire to succeed. Working closely with our Operations Manager and Chief Operating Officer, you will contribute to strategic and tactical decisions making. To be successful in the role and assist us in Building Dreams Together, you will possess:
- a minimum of 5+ years experience as an Estimating Manager in building and construction, preferably residential construction.
- a proven track record in building and leading high performing happy teams.
- in-depth knowledge of all elements of sales and production estimating
- a strong knowledge of Australian residential construction requirements
- a bold and limitless personality, striving for continuous improvement to benefit the organisation and our clients.
Join our family
Operating for over 15 years Langdon Building is one of Victoria’s most rapidly growing builders operating across Ballarat, Bendigo, Surf Coast and Melbourne. Building both domestic and wholesale markets. Langdon Building is a fast-moving, constantly changing and robust organisation that has a strong passion for people, community, and innovation.
A career with Langdon Building is unlike any other. You will be inspired, supported, challenged and you will be proud! Whatever your role is, you will be part of something big whilst making peoples dreams a reality. Our values are not just words on paper – they are embedded in everything we think, do and say.
We are an inclusive and diverse organisation and welcomes applicants from all walks of life.
Keen to learn more?
To learn more about this role or ask any questions please contact Michael Jew or Craig Rooney on 03 5334 3045 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply
To apply for this role please prepare a cover letter outlining why you want to be a Construction Supervisor and upload with your current resume by clicking the “apply now” button.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so apply early to avoid missing out!