Collection Notice Langdon Building Pty Ltd
This Collection Notice sets out the matters described in Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 5.2 (as part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) as they relate to Langdon Building Pty Ltd ABN 15 115 409 437 (which, for the purpose of this Collection Notice includes any of its Related Bodies Corporate, as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) (Langdon Building, we, us, our), when we collect personal information about you.
1. Purpose of Collection
We collect personal information primarily to:
- provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us;
- provide you with information about Langdon Building’s products and services;
- suggest Langdon Building products and services to you; and
- manage our relationship with you.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our business services and relationships;
- promote, advertise and market any of our products and services, including to invite you to seminars or events hosted by Langdon Building;
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients and enforce our agreements with third parties such as your employer; and
- inform you of developments at Langdon Building and other services that we can provide.
We may use information collected through our Website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Website.
Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of the above and any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
2. Type of personal information collected and consequences if personal information is not collected
In general, you can assume that we may collect the following personal information about you:
- email address;
- telephone/fax numbers;
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you, including details about interactions between you and Langdon Building employees; and
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries.
If you are a customer of Langdon Building for whom we are building a new home, we may also collect land ownership details, lending details, your date of birth and bank account details.
For each visitor to our Website, we may also collect other non-personally identifiable information, including your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and information downloaded.
If you do not provide the necessary personal information, we may not be able to provide you or your employer with the goods, services or information that you have requested from us.
3. How we collect personal information
In the course of providing you with products and services, Langdon Building collects personal information in a variety of ways. In most cases we will collect personal information about you directly from you. However, in some cases we will collect information about you from your local Council, your financier, conveyancer and/or solicitor.
If you are a customer of Langdon Building, we may also collect personal information about you from consultants assisting us with the build of your home, subcontractors, your financier, Local Council, conveyancers or solicitors in connection with the build of your home.
If you are an employee of a subcontractor to Langdon Building, we may also collect personal information about you from your employer.
At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
In general, we collect personal information about the following people:
- customers of Langdon Building;
- subcontractors to Langdon Building and employees of subcontractors; and
- consultants, employees of finance companies, Local Council, conveyancers, solicitors and service suppliers with which interact in the course of our business.
Langdon Building may collect personal information about you when:
- you engage Langdon Building to provide you with goods and services, including building a new home, or enquire about the provision of services;
- you engage with our business and its employees, including in the course of receiving services from us;
- you visit our website, www.langdonbuilding.com.au (Website) (and the features offered through that Website, including Smart Build);
- you make an enquiry about our products and/or services (including through our Website);
- you become a client or debtor of the Langdon Building;
- you ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- you acquire goods or services through our Website or otherwise; and
- you supply goods or services to us.
4. Sharing of your personal information
If you are a customer of Langdon Building, we may disclose your personal information to consultants or other service providers assisting us with the build of your home, subcontractors, your financier, Local Council, conveyancers or solicitors in connection with the build of your home.
If you are an employee of a subcontractor, we may disclose your personal information to your employer or to the owner of the home that you are building or working on.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, marketing service providers; couriers and/or freight service providers, printers, call centres, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision) and other professional service providers as required from time to time);
- our professional advisors and agents; or
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you.
Those companies will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to Langdon Building or to you. Langdon Building takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We are not likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
Telephone 03 5334 3045 Email [email protected] Post Attn: Privacy Officer, Langdon Building Pty Ltd, 1 Napier Avenue, Alfredton, VICTORIA 3350.
Take the first step towards making your dream home a reality. Contact our team below to discuss your thoughts or plans.